Thursday Thoughts - Songs That Change Your Mood
Journal Prompt – 15 songs that change your mood.
I love lists! I am more of an album person so here are 15 albums that I put on to change my mood!
- “Rise of the Blood Legion – The Best of (Chapter 1)” by In This Moment (2015); this album I like to put on when I’m feeling rage or anger. Once I get through the album I always feel way better. Metal or Heavy Rock does that for me. Favorite song on this album is “Blood”.
- “Autobiography” by Ashlee Simpson (2004); I throw this one on when I’m working a lot. It’s a great throwback and always makes me happy. Favorite song on this album is “Shadow”.
- “Let’s Talk About Love” by Celine Dion (1997); when I was first learning to sing this was the album I listened to the most. It was my grandparents’ favorite, they always loved hearing me sing it. I play this album when I find myself missing them. They passed away in my teens. Favorite song on this album is “I Hate You Then I Love You (Duet with Luciano Pavarotti)”.
- “Stripped” by Christina Aguilera (2002); this album is an anthem! It got me through a lot growing up and I still play it to this day when I find myself needing motivation or if I’m feeling down on myself. Favorite song on this album is “Walk Away”.
- “The Civil Wars” by The Civil Wars (2013); this album was on repeat when it came out. At the time a lot of changes were happening in my world and listening to their voices really comforted me. I listen to this album when I feel sad/depressed. Favorite song on this album is “From This Valley”.
- “Fallen” by Evanescence (2003); this group was the first concert I ever went to! Amy Lee’s voice is beautiful, and I still listen to this album quite often. Not for any particular moods, just a favorite that always makes me happy. Favorite song on this album is “Hello”.
- “Rumours” by Fleetwood Mac (1977); this album is amazing and a classic! I put this album on when I need peace. The vibe of this album is amazing! Favorite song on this album is “Dreams”.
- “Notes From The Underground – Unabridged (Deluxe)” by Hollywood Undead (2013); I listen to this album when I drive. They remind me of Linkin Park. Favorite song on this album is “Outside”.
- “Thankful” by Kelly Clarkson (2003); this album always puts me in a good mood! Favorite song on this album is “Beautiful Disaster”.
- “Pure Heroine” by Lorde (2013); this album was on repeat when I first started my painting career. It brings back a lot of good memories from that first year. Favorite song on the album is “Team”.
- “North (Deluxe Edition)” by Matchbox Twenty (2012); this album to me is a great rainy-day album. I can’t explain why, it’s just got that mood to it and it’s really comforting. Favorite song on the album is “English Town”.
- “Metallica (The Black Album)” by Metallica (1991); this was one of the albums I had on repeat in high school. It also inspired me to keep going with the piano, I play a lot of the songs from this album. Favorite song on this album is “Nothing Else Matters”.
- “Try This” by P!NK (2003); this album is just amazing! It always puts me in a great mood. Favorite song on this album is “Humble Neighborhoods”.
- “The Woman in Me” by Shania Twain (1995); a lot of Canadians know and love Shania! My mom worked at CMT when she hit it big with “Man I Feel Like A Woman”, which is not on this album. Favorite song on this album is “Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under”.
- “Folklore” by Taylor Swift (2020); this album came out at the best time! I love it more than her other albums. I love the mood of the album, the storytelling, just everything. Favorite song on this album is “Exile (Ft. Bon Iver)”.
- Armageddon Movie Soundtrack (1998)
- Grease Movie Soundtrack (1978)
- Burlesque Movie Soundtrack (2010)
- Rose Ave. by You+Me (2014)
Follow along in your own journal! The songs/albums can be mood changers or really anything that brings back a great memory! Have fun!